Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Something New

Not so much the recipe, but the fact that I am posting at all.  No excuses, but I will take a moment to hang my head in shame.  Now on to business and to summer.

What better to post about on the day before July 4th than a salad recipe?  One of our favorites for the summer months is Tabbouleh.  Coincidentally I made it on Saturday and most importantly I remembered to take a picture.



Tabbouleh
Serves 6-8

1 1/8 cup Bulgur
Instant Vegetable Broth
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Cucumber, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Red Onion, chopped
4 sprigs of Fresh Mint, finely chopped
1 bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
2-4 cloves of Garlic, pressed
1 Lemon, juiced
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Add bulgur to 2 1/4 cups of water with instant vegetable broth (to season) and bring to a boil.  Turn off heat and add lid.  It should be done in 10-15 minutes.  Set aside and let cool completely. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion, parsley, mint and garlic to a large bowl.  Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper in small bowl.  Add the mixture to the remaining ingredients and toss.

Enjoy!  For those celebrating, Happy 4th of July!


4 comments:

  1. I love Tabbouleh but don't have a good recipe..this sounds like just the ticket, thanks!

    Happy 4th to you my dear..Will you be celebrating there? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like this recipe. We love it and yes, we are having a BBQ at my parents house tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  2. I will give this a try.....I was wondering about you....

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!